EPWORTH WORK DAY
UNITED METHODIST MEN
MARCH 18, 2017
Sign in: Epworth Dining Hall (8:00-8:30 am)
Where: Epworth Children’s Home, Millwood Ave., Columbia SC 29250
While enjoying a continental breakfast, learn about the programs and exciting expansion happening at Epworth. Following this update, you will receive work assignments. Our expectation is that when we leave by 12:30 pm, the grounds will have been pruned, raked, weeded, trimmed, etc. Cottages and other buildings will have been pressured washed, and some interior painting will be completed. Other projects may be available ( dependent upon volunteer turnout).
Equipment needed: Rakes, pruning equipment, string trimmers, pressure washing equipment and water hoses, items for painting ( brushes, rollers, pans and liners), and any other items you feel necessary for a sprucing up of the campuses.
While this is sponsored by the United Methodist Men of the Columbia District, women and youth are invited to participate as well.
For planning and work assignment purposes, please call 803-609-4780 to let us know of your intention to participate in this opportunity for service to Epworth Children’s Home. Please respond no later than March 13.
Columbia District Pre-Conference Training
Sunday, April 30, 2017 @ 3:00pm
Ashland UMC, 2600 Ashland Road, Columbia, SC 29210
Pastors and Lay Delegates to attend
BOILING SPRINGS UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
2373 Calks Ferry Road – Lexington, SC 29073
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRAISE TEAM LEADER
The Praise Team Leader (PTL) must possess the ability to sing and play instrument(s), and have the knowledge and understanding of electronic systems and synthetic instruments. This Job Description is subject to change as needed, by the Pastor, the SPRC, and at the suggestion of the PTL. The Praise Team Leader (PTL) is responsible to the Pastor and the Committee on Staff Parish Relations chairperson.
- The PTL will be primarily responsible for providing music at our 8:30 AM Sunday morning Worship Service. The PTL will have the option to use whatever means or instruments available to complete this ministry.
- The PTL will recruit other interested persons to create a Praise Team. This Praise Team can be composed of any persons, regardless of age, who have the ability to participate. This responsibility includes the arrangement of practice sessions as needed. It will be at the discretion of the PTL to use the Praise team as they best deem appropriate.
- The PTL will work with the 10:30 AM worship leaders as needed. Occasionally, the PTL will provide music for the 10:30 AM Service at the request or need of the Pastor, including at special Services.
- The PTL will attend our Worship Committee meetings, and be prepared to present a verbal report as to what they are currently working on or planning.
- The PTL will submit vacation requests to the Pastor in advance, and it will be their responsibility to recruit all needed volunteers to fill in while away. Vacation time will be in accordance with the BSUMC Vacation Policy currently in effect.
- As already stated above, the PTL is responsible to the Pastor and the SPRC. Should there be concerns, they should be communicated directly to the Pastor
- Salary is commensurate with experience. For further information, please contact Mrs. Sandra Ballington, chairperson of our Staff Parish Relations Committee (803-359-5708/ firstname.lastname@example.org) or me at any time.
The last day to pay 2016 apportionments to the Conference Treasurer is Tuesday, January 10, 2017. The payments must be in the Treasurer’s office by 4:00 pm that day. If paying via VANCO, the payment should be initiated by Monday, January 9, 2017.
The Africa University Golf Tournament is scheduled for Monday, September 26 @ Cobblestone Golf Course, Blythewood, SC.
AU 2016 Golf Flyer
AU 2016 Golf Tournament
Contact Lucy Kelly (email@example.com) if you are interested in applying.
Job Description: Care for children, ages newborn-3yrs old in the church nursery during Sunday Worship, Sunday School, and some activities outside of regular church hours.
Responsibilities Include: Ensuring the safety of all children left in your care. Keeping the nursery clean. Changing diapers as needed. Providing comfort to all children, especially to any child experiencing separation anxiety. Ensuring children are safely returned to their parents/guardians. Working with another caregiver at all times in order to follow Safe Sanctuary rules. Being willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Must have experience as a nursery attendant, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would enable an individual to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position. Must pass a background check.
Director of Christian Education and Family Ministries
Bethel United Methodist Church
4600 Daniel Drive, Columbia, SC 29206