The Lay Servant Ministries School for the Columbia District will be held on March 11 from 9:00-5:00 and March 12 from 2:00-5:00, at Virginia Wingard United Methodist Church, 1500 Broad River Road, Columbia, SC (across from Dutch Square Shopping Mall). Lunch will be served on Saturday and refreshments on Sunday. A fee of $45 will be charged to cover the cost of food and classroom book.
The Basic and Advanced Lay Servant Courses will be offered.
Advanced Courses offered this year are:
- “Lay Servants Lead in Worship” – This course is designed to help lay servants become versed in how to plan and lead worship services
- “Lay Servants Discover Their Spiritual Gifts” – Discover your spiritual gifts and learning what it means to be a spiritual leader; and being more fully equipped to lead others in exploring and using their spiritual gift
- “Living our United Methodist Beliefs” – This course will help lay servants have a better understanding of United Methodists beliefs and history
- “Lay Servants Lead in Prayer” – This course offers a short course on praying in public to help others grow in their confidence and skill in prayer, both public and personal.
- It is necessary for you to attend both Saturday and Sunday, as this school requires a total of ten hours of training.
Please contact Veronica in the district office for a basic or advanced course registration form.
Registration form and check are due in the District Office no later than February 20, 2017.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the District Office at 786-9486 or Francis Hipp at (H)794-2217.